Location: Babbitt, Minnesota
- Open to families of all ages. Program Staff-led Age Group activity periods in the morning and afternoon are open to 0-18 year olds.
- All program staff are lifeguard and waterfront safety trained (First Aid/CPR/AED/Oxygen) and all other camp staff are FA/CPR/AED/Oxygen trained. Northern Lights’ health lead is also a Wilderness First Responder.
- During staff led water programs, 2 lifeguards are on duty and each camper is swim tested (shallow or deep) to swim in the lake. At all other times, the waterfront is un-lifeguarded and parents are in charge of safety.
- Contact: email@example.com, 651-747-0951
- Website: https://www.ymcanorth.org/camps/camp_northern_lights
Location: Sturgeon Lake, MN
- ACA Accredited
- Serves children ages 6-17 years old.
- Two weeks of training prior to the start of camp in which staff that require certifications will train and receive as such from an accredited body (high ropes challenge course, lifeguarding and CPR/first aid). Lifeguard and CPR/First aid is done through the Red Cross. In addition, a volunteer nurse, RN or greater, is on site every week, in accordance with ACA
- Camp Miller utilizes the Red Cross Water Competency Sequence (1.Step or jump into water over your head, 2.Return to the surface and float or tread water for one minute, 3.Turn around in a full circle and find an exit, 4.Swim 25 yards to the exit, 5.Exit from the water) to determine the swimming abilities of each camper and assign campers to swim areas that are appropriate for their skill level. Swimmers who can successfully complete all sections of the Water Competency Sequence will be allowed to swim without a lifejacket in deep water. Lifeguards are on duty any time activities are in session on the waterfront. Lifejackets are worn by all persons engaged in boating activities, regardless of swimming ability. This includes, but is not limited to paddleboards, canoes, kayaks, sailboats, pontoons, motorboats, etc.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 218 722 4745
- Website: https://www.duluthymca.org/camp/camp-miller
Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Serves children ages 4-12 years old.
- All staff are First Aid and CPR certified.
- Only zero depth water activities, like slip n’ slides and sprinklers, take place with no swimming field trips involved.
- Contact: email@example.com, Phone: 612-517-2109
Location: Bemidji and Cass Lake, MN
- Overnight Camp
- ACA Accredited
- Residential Family camp (all ages) and Residential Youth camp (ages vary by program)
- Health staff (nurses and assistants) live on-site 24/7 for both sites. Additionally, CPR/First Aid and Wilderness First Aid training is offered to all staff, but it is mandatory for all lifeguards or staff participating in any off site programming.
- Certified lifeguards are on duty for all waterfronts and any participant (villager or staff) who uses the waterfront must first pass a swim test. Lifejackets are provided and required for any watercraft activity.
- Contact: CLV@cord.edu