NEW THIS YEAR: We're excited to announce that our Camp experience is expanding to include a Day Camp and a Family Camp in addition to our traditional Camp Oz option. Each camp program is designed for a specific segment of youth. Please read through each option's description below carefully to determine which camp is best suited for your child. If you have any questions, please contact the Camp Director at email@example.com.
2017 marks our 35th year of providing a safe, educational and fun camping experience for youth with seizures at YMCA’s Camp St. Croix, an American Camping Association-accredited camp near Hudson, WI.
Camp Oz, for boys and girls ages 9-17, combines a traditional camp experience with the security of 24/7 medical staff (siblings who don’t have epilepsy are also welcome to attend Camp Oz).
Campers can enjoy activities like swimming and horseback riding in a beautiful setting: 24 cabins, two modern bathroom/shower buildings, indoor lodge/dining hall/activity center, beachfront access and more.
Camp Oz Details:
June 18 – 23, 2017
• Located at YMCA Camp St. Croix
• Cost is $300, which includes a $50 nonrefundable deposit (Financial Assistance available)
• Cost includes room, board, activities and medical staff for the week
Camp Oz Requirements:
Camp Oz requires campers to function independently, with a positive attitude, within a structured group setting. For the safety of all participants, campers must be able to do the following:
Safety and Medical Support:
Safety is our priority. Registered nurses are on-site 24 hours/day, as well as physicians, psychologists, a neurologist, and pharmacists. ALL Camp St. Croix staff are trained in seizure recognition & response. Two counselors per cabin of 8-10 youth meet campers' personal needs and develop a sense of community.
Camp Oz Registration:
New and returning campers can apply or register for camp HERE. After you have registered online, you will need to complete these additional forms for camp:
These forms are also available on your registration profile and in your confirmation email. They can be submitted online via your registration profile, faxed to EFMN at 651-287-2325, or mailed to the following address:
Attn: Nikki Baker
Epilepsy Foundation of MN
1600 University Avenue, Suite 300
Saint Paul, MN 55104
NEW THIS YEAR:
Day Camp, for boys and girls ages 6-10, is designed to help prepare eligible campers for future attendance at Camp Oz. Campers MUST meet all requirements listed under the Camp Oz section. Activities include sports, horseback riding, arts and crafts, outdoor adventure, nature and more.
• Safety and Medical Support: There will be a nurse on site to dispense medication along with EFMN staff, camp staff and volunteers.
• Dates: August 2-4, 2017 from 9:15am to 4:15pm daily
• Located at JCC Camp Butwin
• Cost is $100 per camper (Financial Assistance available)
• Cost includes all activities, snacks and medical support
Register your child for Day Camp HERE
NEW THIS YEAR:
Family Camp, for boys and girls ages 5-17, is designed for youth with seizures with additional medical, developmental, social or emotional needs that cannot be accommodated at Camp Oz. Each camper is required to have at least one parent/guardian attend camp with them. However, all immediate family members are welcome to attend. Activities include arts and crafts, interaction with horses, games, team building and more!
• Safety and Medical Support: EFMN, camp staff and volunteers will be on site. However, each parent/guardian is responsible for their child and will be responsible for dispensing
• Date: July 22, 2017 from 10am to 4pm
• Located at YMCA Camp Christmas Tree
• Cost is $50 per family. All immediate family members welcome to attend.
• Cost includes all activities and lunch
Register your child for Family Camp HERE