November is National Epilepsy Month...here are 10 easy ways to raise awareness!
1. Add this graphic to your social media spaces to raise epilepsy awareness among your network. The power of one person will amaze you!
2. Change your email and text messaging signature to share that November is national epilepsy awareness month.
3. Donate your used clothing! Just 30 bags of used clothing allows an adult to attend an educational conference. Schedule a curbside pick-up by calling 800.779.0777, ext. 3 or schedule at efmn.org.
4. Sign up to advocate with us on Capitol Day on February 24, 2015 to help make our representatives in Minnesota seizure smart. Contact email@example.com or 651.287.2312.
5. Make a donation on efmn.org. Donate to a Stroll team, designate your gift to the “Chasing Dreams” Fund or a program of your choice. Your support helps people with epilepsy rise above seizures.
6. We’re hosting the second Minnesota Epilepsy Research Summit. On November 22 at the Bakken Museum, nearly twenty experts will present the latest epilepsy research happening right here in Minnesota! Watch efmn.org for reports from the summit.
7. Use #riseaboveseizures in your social media spaces. Attending an EFMN conference or family event? Use this hashtag to let others know how you are rising above seizures and raise awareness!
8. Tune into the “Go-Pher Epilepsy Awareness” football game on November 15 as the Gophers take on Ohio State in a sell-out game. Epilepsy facts and messages will be peppered throughout the game and on national television!
9. Meet talented artists with epilepsy at our Creative Arts Program showcase on Sunday, November 2 from 2:00-4:30 p.m. at the Amsterdam Bar and Hall in Minneapolis. Enjoy a program of written, performance and visual arts from artists living with seizures.
10. Check out our events calendar to connect with others during awareness month!