June 16 - 21, 2013 (Camp Oz 2013 is FULL!)
2013 marks our 30th year of providing a safe, educational and fun camping experience for youth with seizures at YMCA’s Camp St. Croix, an American Camping Association-accredited camp near Hudson, WI.
Camp Oz, for boys and girls ages 9-17, combines a traditional camp experience with the security of 24/7 medical staff (siblings and friends who don’t have epilepsy are also welcome to attend Camp Oz).
Campers can enjoy activities like swimming and horseback riding in a beautiful setting: 24 cabins, two modern bathroom/shower buildings, indoor lodge/dining hall/activity center, beachfront access and more.
PARENTSA special outdoor program encourages campers to participate in a variety of activities which include:
Safety is our priority. Registered nurses are on-site 24 hours/day, as well as physicians, psychologists, a neurologist and pharmacists. ALL Camp St. Croix staff is trained in seizure recognition & response. Two counselors per cabin of 8-10 youth meet campers’ personal needs and develop a sense of community.
- horseback riding
- team building
- nature study
- all - camp games
- rock wall climbing
- camp fires
CAMP OZ REQUIREMENTS
Camp Oz requires campers to function independently, with a positive attitude, within a structured group setting. For the safety of all participants, campers must be able to do the following:
- understand and follow directions
- stay involved in camp activities (up to 2 hours)
- interact in a respectful way with other campers and staff
- move from different camp areas and activities, with limited supervision
- participate in outdoor activities within a hilly/wooded setting
- be capable of performing activities of daily living (e.g. showering, eating, etc.)
READ THE CAMP OZ 2013 BROCHURE FOR DETAILS